Yesterday, made good progress on a number of things:
- painted POR-15 in the inner bottom of the doors. Driver's door, which is original, had quite a bit of rust, so this will stop it.
- continued sanding/filling/sanding door panels, and am pretty much done on that front. Will go back and re-check today.
- started filling/sanding dents in front valance. I put on a new valance, but when clamping it for the panel adhesive to bond, dented the front. So am filling that and am probably 75% done.
- to cover (even temporarily) all of the bodywork, I activated a can of 2K epoxy primer (spray-on). 'Pot life' is 4 days, so I'm going to try and make the most of that $19 can of primer.
- dinged some dents out of the passenger front fender (from dropping it on the concrete). They came out pretty easily, and now just need a skim coat of filler.
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Yesterday, my brother and I started the final bodywork, pre-paint. Mostly, he showed me 'bondo' technique, proper sanding methods, and how to prime the car body. Here are some pics...
|driver's door pillar devoid of primer|
|with filler, after sanding|
|welded-up pinhole where dealer plate was|
|dent at trunk|
|repair of trunk dent|
|trunk after filler, before full prime|
|more trunk. green is from glazing putty|
|passenger door and pillar|
|pass door after sanding|
|here i pinged a 'proud' dent and filled|
Friday, July 1, 2011
Next step is to re-coat the bottom with new undercoating, then prep for painting....